I show this attributable to Patrick Briscoe, so thank him when you see him.
You know you’re in export compliance when …
- You worry about whether technical data is singular or whether they’re plural;
- Your preschooler can count all the way to XXI;
- You’ve ever had to explain that Puerto Rico isn’t a foreign country, but Canada is;
- You celebrate your marriage’s validation date;
- People think your best friends are named Stella and Ellie;
- Everyone assumes that you’ve already seen the new Star Trek movie (which is true, but still …);
- You wonder how much money there is in shipping horses by sea;
- You give your teenager the car keys, subject to provisos; and
- VD means a trip to your lawyer instead of your doctor.